- Birth Date
- 18 March 1812
- Death Date
- 6 December 1883
Thomas Joseph Filcher
Captain of Third Ten. The family surname is written as "Felcher" in the Deseret News roster of the Wimmer pioneer company. Thomas traveled with his wife, Eliza, and their children. He was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 14 October 1852. In the Salt Lake Stake Record of Members his surname is spelled "Felshaw." In the Territorial Militia records his surname is spelled "Filsher." At the time of the 1856 Territorial census Thomas and his family were living in Lake City (American Fork), Utah County. Thomas was a member of the Second Quorum of Seventy. With the exception of one daughter (Eliza) the family later moved to California.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- "15th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23.
- 1860 California Census.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 98.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Report of Second Quorum of Seventies," Journal History, 6 February 1856, 1.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.