- Birth Date
- 17 August 1818
- Death Date
- 22 August 1885
The inscription on his gravestone reads as follows: "Robert Dunn, Aug. 17, 1818 - Aug. 23, 1885. Pioneer of the Dunnes from Derbyshire, England. Arrive in Utah 1854 with wife Ellen, sons William, Thomas, George & Robert."
Their names all appear on the 1854 John M. Wood ship manifest, but there is no evidence that his wife survived the overseas trip and began the overland voyage with the rest of them. Further research is need.
Robert purchased land in Salt Lake City on October 2, 1854, and paid tithing in 1855 and 1856 in Lehi.
His birth date confirmed by Lehi Ward records and the inscription on his gravestone.
Further research is needed to identify the name of the company the family traveled to Utah with.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- Salt Lake City, Utah Cemetery Records, 1848-1992.
- Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Deed book A, 1850-1859.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.