- Birth Date
- 20 February 1843
- Death Date
- 13 November 1918
The Seely family initially arrived in Utah in 1847, and then in 1851 were sent to San Bernardino, California. In 1857 they were called back to Utah because of the threat of Johnston's Army and arrived in Utah in 1858. They settled in Mt. Pleasant, Utah in 1859. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company they traveled with on their way back from California. In some sources their surname is spelled "Seeley."
- Age at Departure: 4
- Age at Departure: 14
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Edwin Pettit, Biography of Edwin Pettit, 1834-1912 (Salt Lake City: The Arrow Press), 9-10.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 27.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 618
- "Orange Seely Sr." Emery County Progress, 19 Aug. 1916, 1.
- Seeley, Orange, Autobiographical sketch, 1.
- Utah Death Certificates.