- Birth Date
- 23 August 1805
- Death Date
- 12 July 1886
Cornelius Van Leuven
Cornelius traveled with his wife, Lavina, and two sons. The Van Leuven family lived in Pottawattamie in 1850, according to census records. In 1860, they are located in Utah census records. Cornelius's death date and birth date are confirmed by his obituary.
His mother, Mary Ann Pulver Van Leuven, also traveled to Utah with the 1852 Robert Wimmer Company.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- "15th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23.
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 13 July 1886, .
- Find a Grave
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 99.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.