- Birth Date
- 25 April 1811
- Death Date
- 18 February 1899
Ransom Van Leuven
Traveled with his wife, Lucinda, and children. In 1850, the Van Leuven family was living in Missouri, according to census records. By 1860, they were located on the Utah census. His birth and death date come from a personal, online family history without any accompanying documentation. Further evidence is needed to prove their accuracy.
The family's travel to Utah in 1852 is confirmed by the obituary of Eliza Jane.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- "15th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23.
- 1850 Missouri Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Eliza Merril Dies at Tropic," 14 March 1930, p. 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 98.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.