- Birth Date
- 6 August 1822
- Death Date
- 10 December 1901
Anson was born at Whiteham, Cumberland, England. He and his wife Mary crossed the Atlantic on the ship Zetland in 1849 with a three year old boy named James. At the time of the 1850 federal census they were living at Burlington, Iowa. Both Anson and Mary are on the original roster of the Wimmer Company but James is missing. Anson and Mary were both re-baptized at Salt Lake City 17 October 1852. In the 1852 Bishop's Report Anson's name appears in the Salt Lake 10th Ward. He is in the 1859 Salt Lake City Directory and the 1860 Utah census gives his occupation as shoemaker. In the 1900 census he is "Hansan" Wright living at Sonoma, California. He died at Okland California.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- "15th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 September 1852, 2.
- "15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23" In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (MS 1234 5, Box 1, Fd. 18)
- 1850 Iowa Census, Des Moines County
- 1860 Utah census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1900 California census, Sonoma County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 98.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Sloan, E. L., "The Salt Lake City Directory and Business Guide, for 1869."