- Birth Date
- 29 May 1814
- Death Date
- 24 May 1893
He served as a Captain of Ten in the 1847 Edward Hunter/Jacob Foutz company.
In 1853 he was the Captain of the Vincent Shurtleff Freight Train.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 39
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Early Missionary Database
- Edward Hunter and Jacob Foutz letter to Brigham Young in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 17 August 1847, 5-6.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 25.
- King, Volney, Diaries, 1873-1922.
- McIntyre, Peter, Autobiography [ca. 1850-1854], 38-40.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- "Probate Court Notices," Salt Lake Tribune, 16 June 1893, 7.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Scearce diary, 1847 June-September, 1-5.