- Birth Date
- 22 January 1813
- Death Date
- 26 September 1905
Thomas was born in Yorkshire, England. He and his wife Alice crossed the Atlantic on the ship Argo in 1850. On the ship manifest his occupation is listed as "paper maker." At the time of the 1850 U. S. census he was living in St. Louis Missouri with his wife and their daughter Matilda. According to the Early Church Information File he was ordained a Seventy on 8 February 1851. His name appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia on 18 September 1852. He was re-baptized in Utah on 7 October 1852. In the 1852 Bishop's Report he was living in the Salt Lake City 3rd Ward. On 23 June 1854 the Church Historian's Office Journal records the following: "about 3 p. m. W. Woodruff, G. A. Smith & T. Bullock went up to the paper factory & saw bro Howard & Hollis making paper for the next Deseret News . . .." By the time of the 1860 federal census Thomas was living in Amador County, California.
His birth date is found in the Salt Lake Stake Record of Members.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- 1850 Census, St. Louis (Independent City), Missouri.
- 1860 California Census, Amador County.
- "21st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "3rd Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 September 1852, 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 13.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Sixth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.