- Birth Date
- 25 November 1825
- Death Date
- 10 January 1900
Isabella Ann Muir
Isabella Ann Samson
Isabel Samson, age 24, a servant from Dundee, Scotland crossed the Atlantic on the ship Argo in 1850. She married Thomas Walter Muir on 28 June 1850 at Hyde Park, near Kanesville, Pottawattamie, Iowa. In 1851 and 1852 they lived in the Little Pigeon Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They crossed the plains with their little son, John Sampson Muir in 1852 and both Thomas and Isabel were re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 5 June 1853. In the re-baptism record her given name is Isabella. Her travel to Utah is mentioned in her son's obituary and her own obituary says that she traveled in the Howell company, carrying her son.
- Age at Departure: 26
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 16 January 1900, 2
- Ron Watt, Iowa Branch Index, 1839-1859.
- "S. L. Pioneer Resident Dies," Salt Lake Telegram , 20 May 1940, 8.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.