- Birth Date
- About 1816
- Death Date
- 3 February 1896
Peter Hansen Petersen
The Hansen family emigrated from Denmark in 1864. They sailed on the General McClellan, and arrived in New York on 23 June 1864. In some sources Hansen is sometimes spelled as "Hanson." At some point the Hansen family changed the surname to Peterson.
Peter appears as "Per Hansen" on the ship passenger list. His name on his gravestone is engraved as "Peder Hanson Peterson."
More research is needed to confirm his date of birth.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Millard County.
- 1880 Utah Census, Millard County.
- “Captain Isaac Canfield Company (fourth ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 14)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah County, Utah Cemetery Index.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.