- Christening Date
- About 1819
- Death Date
- Before 1880
Uriah Viles Rickards
Uriah arrived in New York on 31 May 1865 via the ship Belle Wood. His family (wife, Hannah and children, Lorenzo, Ann, and John) followed him the next year on the Arkwright. Both Ann and John died prior to the departure of the overland company, leaving only Uriah, Hannah, and Lorenzo to cross the plains in 1866. This is confirmed by the notation in the Thompson company records that Uriah purchased three adult food rations for this part of the journey.
A notation on the PEF ledger taken in 1880 indicates he was dead by this time. Further research is needed to determine exact birth and death dates.
Many later sources spell the family name as "Richards."
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 363.