- Birth Date
- 20 March 1828
- Death Date
- 16 September 1916
Richard initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Thomas Marsden Company in 1852 as indicated in his autobiographical sketch (found in the memories section of his FamilyTree entry. He was rebaptized on 28 December 1854 at West Jordan, Utah where his name also first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia.. He paid tithing at Cedar City, Utah in 1856.
At the end of a mission to England, he traveled home in 1863 with an unknown company.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 35
- Returning Missionary
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 144.
- "Last Rites For Richard Palmer," Iron County Record, 22 September 1916, 1.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Palmer, Richard, [Autobiographical Sketch], "Genealogical Surveys of L.D.S. Members," 35 vols., 23:83-86.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- West Jordan Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.