- Birth Date
- 29 April 1820
- Death Date
- 30 July 1898
William D. Davis
William and his wife Jane sailed to America in 1853 on the ship Falcon. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Davies."
The obituary of his wife Jane confirms his travel to Utah in 1853. The obituary states that they came with the "Ormond" pioneer company, but they were with the "Harmon" company.
His birth and death dates are confirmed the by inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- “Appleton M. Harmon Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 29)
- Cornelius Bagnall Emigrating Company journal, 1853 March-October.
- "Death of Aunt Jane Davis," Deseret Evening News, 10 March 1908, 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- McNaughton, James, Journal, 1851-1858.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.