- Birth Date
- 16 September 1820
- Death Date
- 14 December 1894
William initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as Captain of First Ten in the Uriah Curtis Company in 1852. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 36
- "16th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- “16th Company of 50 report, 1852 July 4.” In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 101.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Obituary Notes," The Deseret News, 19 January 1895, 6.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.