- Birth Date
- 2 May 1808
- Death Date
- 3 May 1894
John had property in Salt Lake City in 1848. He is listed as a "transient Mormon" in one appendix of the book Mormon Gold and in another appendix as a "tithepayer" at Mariposa, on 1 May 1850. At the time of the 1850 federal census of Utah (taken in early 1851) he was in Salt Lake City with his family. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake valley on 27 April 1851. His name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia at Fillmore in 1852. This is where he was living at the time of the 1856 Territorial Census and where he received a Patriarchal Blessing from Isaac Morely in 1857. He died at the home of his daughter, Lydia A. Huntley, at Coyote, Garfield County, Utah.
- Age at Departure: 40
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Catharine E. Mehring Wooley's journal transcribed by J. Cecil Alter and printed in serial in "In the Beginning: Diaries of Mormon Pioneers," Salt Lake Telegram. 7 Jan. 1935; 8 Jan. 1935; 9 Jan. 1935; 10 Jan.1935; 1 Jan. 1935. (Link will direct to the first installment of the serial.)
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 136.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Dead," Deseret Weekly, 23 June 1894, 32.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.