- Birth Date
- 2 May 1807
- Death Date
- 3 May 1894
John had property in Salt Lake City in 1848. He is listed as a "transient Mormon" in one appendix of the book Mormon Gold and in another appendix as a "tithepayer" at Mariposa, on 1 May 1850. At the time of the 1850 federal census of Utah (taken in early 1851) he was in Salt Lake City with his family. He was re-baptized on 27 April 1851. His name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia at Fillmore in 1852. This is where he was living at the time of the 1856 Territorial Census and where he received a Patriarchal Blessing from Isaac Morely in 1857. He died at the home of his daughter, Lydia A. Huntley, at Coyote, Garfield County, Utah.
- Age at Departure: 39
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Dead," Deseret News [Weekley,] 23 June 1894, 32.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.