- Birth Date
- 14 August 1813
- Death Date
- 16 January 1879
Abigail was married to John H. Tippets in Nauvoo, and they were divorced 20 November 1848, shortly after arriving in Salt Lake City. She then married Archibald Gardner 19 April 1849 in Salt Lake City.
Her birth date is confirmed by and the Salt Lake Stake Record of Members at the time of her rebaptism on 6 June 1850, and the Millcreek Ward records when she was again rebaptized on 9 November 1856. The inscription on her gravestone and the Nauvoo Community Project also confirm her birth and death dates. The inscription on her gravestone shows her name as "Abigail S. Bradford Gardner."
The 1850 Utah census shows her name as "Abigail Bradford."
Abigail was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 11 May 1851 with the surname of "Gardner," and again on 9 November 1856.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- "Died," Deseret News, 5 February 1879, 16.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 20.
- Millcreek Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 4200)
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Pleasant G. Bradford, Bradford family history and genealogical data, 1833-1931
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.