- Birth Date
- 20 July 1821
- Death Date
- 20 August 1911
David Minshall Evans
David and his family lived in Pottawattamie County, Iowa at the time of the 1850 federal census. He was Captain of 1st Ten of the William Morgan pioneer company and was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 17 October 1852. His travel to Utah is mentioned in his brother's obituary.
His family is not listed on the company roster but they are in the 1856 Utah Territorial census in the Salt Lake City 7th Ward.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- "A Pioneer Gone," Deseret Evening News , 27 Sep. 1902, 2.
- Bowen, David D., Reminiscence and journal, 1845-1863, 23-26.
- "David M. Evans," Improvement Era , October 1911, 14:1121.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Morgan, William, "A Letter [June 22, 1852] to Presidents W. S. Phillips and John Davis," in Ronald D. Dennis, The Call of Zion: The Story of the First Welsh Mormon Emigration , 233.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Utah Death Certificates.