- Birth Date
- 13 January 1842
- Death Date
- 15 January 1892
Lucy Ann Saxey
Lucy Ann Bennett
The Saxey family arrived in New Orleans on 18 March 1854 via the ship Golconda. The obituary of John's son, Alfred, as well as correspondence in 1902, confirms that the family continued on to Utah in that same year. With the exception of Alfred, the the family stayed in the area for only a short time before returning to England. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company they traveled with. She is documented in the Payson Ward at the time of a rebaptism on 15 December 1855.
A few years after arriving, she left Utah for Kansas, along with her parents. There she married Alfred Bennett and returned to Utah with him in 1863, along with their two children. Death records are under the married name of Bennett.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 21
- A. H. Patterson Emigrating Company, Journal, 1863 June-Sept.
- Alfred Saxey letter, Spanish Fork, Utah to John Henry Smith, 1902 August 28.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Judge Alfred Saxey, Attorney-at-Law," Deseret News, 24 July 1897, 22.
- Payson Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America