- Birth Date
- 31 December 1843
- Death Date
- 2 December 1920
Henry crossed the ocean on the ship Buena Vista in 1849 and arrived in Utah with his family by 1852. The roster only lists Samuel, as head of household, but it also indicates that his traveling group consisted of eight people, which accounts for the presence of his wife and children.
Several years later, he crossed the plains again, this time working as a teamster for the 1866 Thompson out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 8
- Age at Departure: 22
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- "13th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 25." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 17)
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Leigh, Samuel. Journal: History of Samuel Leigh.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.