- Birth Date
- 20 October 1815
- Death Date
- 13 July 1894
Samuel was a carpenter, traveling with his wife and children. As indicated by the William Morgan letter, Samuel and his family were greeted by his brother, Daniel, just a few days away from the Valley. He and several others were bringing fresh produce from the Valley to welcome the company.
The roster only lists Samuel, as head of household, but it also indicates that his traveling group consisted of eight people, which accounts for the presence of his wife and children.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- "13th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 25." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 17)
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- Dalton, Luella Adams, History of the Iron County Mission and Parowan, The Mother Town, p. 166.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Morgan, William, [Letter, June 25, 1852, William Morgan to William Phillips and John Davis], in Ronald D. Dennis, The Call of Zion: The Story of the First Welsh Mormon Emigration , 236-38.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Wales, Carmarthenshire, Parish Registers, 1538-1912