- Birth Date
- 4 March 1815
- Death Date
- 19 March 1880
John Davis Rees
John served in the company as Captain of 2nd Ten. He came from Wales with his wife Mary and four children William, Jane and David in 1849 on the ship Buena Vista his daughter Meredith was born in Iowa. He was a missionary and came from England in 1868 on the ship Colorado.
His surname is also spelled "Reese" in some sources.
Total of 6 in his traveling party.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 52
- Returning Missionary
- 13th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 25.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Bowen, David D., Reminiscence and journal, 1845-1863, 23-26.
- "Died," Deseret News, 31 March 1880, 144.
- Early Missionary Database
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Missionary Record Index
- Morgan, William, "A Letter [June 22, 1852] to Presidents W. S. Phillips and John Davis," in Ronald D. Dennis, The Call of Zion: The Story of the First Welsh Mormon Emigration , 233.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.