- Birth Date
- 20 November 1829
- Death Date
- 27 March 1911
James Jack of Scotland initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Appleton M. Harmon Company in 1853. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 26
- “Appleton M. Harmon Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 29)
- Cornelius Bagnall Emigrating Company journal, 1853 March-October.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jack, James, Autobiographical sketch, in 25th Quorum, Biographies, 1845-1855, vol. 1, 16l, in Seventies Quorum, Records, 1844-1975, reel 79.
- Patten, George to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 22 September 1907. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook 1906-1914 fd 3.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah Death Certificates.