- Birth Date
- 12 June 1828
- Death Date
- 11 February 1909
Thomas John Stayner
Thomas initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with his brother, Arthur, in the Appleton M. Harmon Company in 1853.
Their parents, Thomas Collie and Elizabeth Pill, traveled in the Jacob F. Secrist/Noah T. Guymon Company in 1855.
Their brother, Charles William, traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as a returning missionary in the Thomas E. Ricks Company in 1866.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Head of Household
- “Appleton M. Harmon Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 29)
- "Death of Thomas Stayner," Ogden Daily Standard, 16 February 1909, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- "Utah Pioneer Succumbs To Stroke Of Apoplexy," Inter-Mountain Republican, 15 Feb. 1909, 2