- Birth Date
- 8 May 1831
- Death Date
- 30 September 1883
George, originally from England, was a laborer that initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Appleton M. Harmon Company in 1853. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming. The rescue was particularly personal for him as he had a sister in the Willie Company and a brother in the Hunt Company.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 25
- “Appleton M. Harmon Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 29)
- Bountiful Ward, Manuscript History and Historical Reports, 1849-1925.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.