- Birth Date
- 1 May 1852
- Death Date
- 25 April 1926
Mary Ann Walsh
Mary Ann Walsh came with her parents as a one year old. They emigrated from England in1853. They sailed on the ship Falcon, and arrived in New Orleans on May 18, 1853. The went on to Iowa where they joined the Appleton Harmon Company.
In 1861, her family returned to England. Her grandmother was approaching the end of her life. After her grandmother's passing, the family returned to Utah. They crossed the Atlantic on the John J. Boyd, and arrived in New York on June 1, 1862. They joined the Homer Duncan Company later in July.
- Age at Departure: 1
- Age at Departure: 10
- “Appleton M. Harmon Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 29)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Pioneer Who Crossed Plains 3 Times, Dies," Deseret News , 26 Apr. 1926, 5.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Young, Joseph W., "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.