- Birth Date
- 10 December 1832
- Death Date
- 3 June 1912
Robert Francis Neslen
The Neslen family consisting of Samuel, his wife, Eunice Burgess Francis, and nine children, initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Claudius V. Spencer Company in 1853. Samuel and Eurnice’s nine children are: Susannah, Samuel Francis, Robert Francis, Esther Francis, Elizabeth Burgess, Eunice, Phebe, William Francis, and Hannah.
Samuel and his family left England, and sailed on the “Golconda” and arrived in New Orleans on 1 April 1853. Samuel and his family stayed in St. Louis while they prepared for their trip to the Salt Lake Valley. They then moved to Keokuk, Iowa, then on to Omaha, Nebraska. Eight months after the Neslen family left their home in England, all eleven of them arrived in the Salt Lake Valley.
Robert Francis left the Salt Lake Valley to serve a mission to England. At the end of that mission, on 11 April 1859, Robert Francis and his wife Eleanor Stevens, and her daughter Elizabeth Trewhela sailed from Liverpool to New York on the ship “William Tapscott.” They arrived in New York on 13 May 1859. Robert and his family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Robert F. Neslen Company, with Robert as Captain, in 1859.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 26
- Company Captain
- “Claudius V. Spencer Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 31)
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hannah Tapfield King autobiography, circa 1864-1872, Volume 6, circa 1864-1872.
- Kirkham, James, [Autobiography], in E. Kay Kirkham, George (Wm.) Kirkham: His Ancestors and Descendants to the Third Generation , 66-67.
- "Local Briefs. Gather to Honor Veteran," Deseret News, 11 Dec. 1909, 16.
- Miles, Johanne Kristine (Jane), [Reminiscences], in Carrie Mouritsen Jones and Jerald Olean Seelos, comp. and ed., The Mourits Mouritsen Family , 432.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Pedersen, Lars Christian, Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1919], 3-4.
- Petersen, Johanne Mariah, [Reminiscences], in Carrie Mouritsen Jones and Jerald Olean Seelos, comp. and ed., The Mourits Mouritsen Family , 426.
- Utah Death Certificates.