- Birth Date
- 24 July 1845
- Death Date
- 19 April 1923
He initially traveled to the Valley in 1853 with his parents. Several years later, as company record confirm, he was called out from the Tooele Ward where he was living at the time to work as a teamster for Chipman's 1866 out-and-back company.
Birth date is confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 8
- Age at Departure: 21
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- “Captain Henry Chipman Co., 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book, 1866, 1868. (CR 376 8; Box 2; Folder 17; File 6-7, 55-58)
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- “Claudius V. Spencer Company report, 1853.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 31)
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- "Sketch of Joseph Tanner," Tooele Transcript, 11 May 1923, 8.
- Utah Death Certificates.