- Birth Date
- 3 November 1835
- Death Date
- 25 January 1882
Elizabeth was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 5 December 1847.
Before she married George Q. Cannon in 1854, Elizabeth traveled to Utah in 1847 with her parents, Abraham and Margaret Hoagland and her siblings. In 1855, she accompanied her husband on a mission to California. She returned to Utah in 1857, with her infant son John Q., the body of her son George Q. Jr. (in a metal casket), and was escourted by her brother-in-law David H. Cannon. In 1860, she once again accompanied her husband on a mission, this time to England. She returned to Utah in 1863, traveling with three children in the company of George Peacock. One of her children, Georgiana, died while crossing the plains.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Beatrice Cannon Evans and Janath Russell Cannon, ed., Cannon Family Historical Treasury , 120, 248.
- "Death of Mrs. E.H. Cannon," Deseret News , 1 Feb. 1882, 24.
- Deseret News, 16 Sep. 1863, 64.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 18.
- Peacock, George, Journal and reminiscences, 1851 Nov.-1861 Apr., vol. 3, 22-23.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.