- Birth Date
- 24 July 1838
- Death Date
- 11 February 1927
Henry James Horne
Henry initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Edward Hunter - Joseph Horne Company in 1847. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 8
- Age at Departure: 18
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Henry James Horne in The Book of the Pioneers Volume 1 (Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, 1897), 345.
- [Hunter-Horne Company, Remarks by Surviving Pioneers], in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 17.
- Orson F. Whitey, History of Utah: in Four Volumes, Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: George Q. Cannon & Sons Co., Publishers, 1904), 585.
- Taylor, Leonora Cannon Taylor diaries, 1832 and 1846-1847, in George J. Taylor papers, 1832-1909.