- Birth Date
- 7 September 1830
- Death Date
- 7 April 1906
Edward was baptized on 18 November 1848 by William Watkins. He sailed from Liverpool to New Orleans on the “Ellen Maria” on 17 Jan 1853, and landed in 6 March. Edward initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Cyrus H. Wheelock Company in 1853.
In 1860, Edward left for England for the first of three missions, two to England and one to New Zealand. At the end of this mission, he boarded the “Cynosure” and traveled from Liverpool to New York on 30 May 1863, and landed on 19 July. His wife, Eliza Cresswell, and her parents, William and Sarah Woolley, also sailed on the “Cynosure.”
Evidence from emigration and Perpetual Emigrating Fund records proves Edward and the Cresswells traveled to Utah in 1863. In the company report, his surname is listed as "Cliffe."
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 32
- C. H. Wheelock Company report, 1853 September 19.
- Edward Cliff, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Find a Grave
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886 Ledger C, p. 593.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].