- Birth Date
- 24 December 1804
- Death Date
- 25 February 1888
George Parker Dykes
1st Lieutenant in the Mormon battalion.
Counselor to Captain Wheelock. Although he is mentioned in the Forsgren company journal, those entries are near the beginning of the journey. It is likely that the Wheelock company was near the Forsgren company and he simply spoke at one of their meetings prior to journeying in the Wheelock company. The mention of his name in the Sparks reminiscence clearly places him in the Wheelock company.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Age at Departure: 42
- 1880 Arizona Census
- Charles Barnes, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 14 March 1888, 144.
- Find a Grave
- Manuscript history of the John E. Forsgren Emigrating Company, circa 1930, 18-35.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Robert S. Bliss diary, 1846 August-1848 January.
- Sparks, Jane Ann Fowler, Reminiscences and diary, 1886 Jan.-1910 Mar., 15-16.
- United States Mormon Battalion Pension Applications, 1846-1923.