- Birth Date
- 15 February 1822
- Death Date
- 24 September 1888
Henry crossed the Atlantic on the ship Sailor Prince with his mother (Elizabeth) in 1848, but he did not immediately cross the plains to Utah. Elizabeth died at St. Louis and Henry married there. With his wife (Emma Farmer Arnold), Henry must have crossed the plains in 1851 because both he and his wife were re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 27 April 1852 which was before any pioneer company arrive that year. Henry appears in the Utah Territorial Militia records in September and October 1852 at Salt Lake City. His birth date is confirmed by both his re-baptism record and his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- "Death of Henry Arnold," Deseret News [Weekly], 26 Sep. 1888, 585.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hawkins, Thomas Sunderland, Autobiographical sketch, in Evelyn Hawkins Hughes, Thomas Sunderland Hawkins: Biography of a Mormon Pioneer , 285.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.