- Birth Date
- 9 March 1846
- Death Date
- 18 June 1920
Benjamin George Guiver
Benjamin's obituary states that he came to Utah in 1861, but this is incorrect because he sailed to Utah in 1862 on the William Tapscott. It is likely that he arrived in Utah in 1862, the year he immigrated, but the first documentation to place him is a church ordinance performed in Salt Lake City 27 August 1864. Further research is needed to determine the year he came to Utah and the name of the pioneer company he traveled with.
His mother, a widow, and siblings came to Utah in the 1866 John D. Holladay pioneer company.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- “Utah Pioneer of 1861 Answers Call of Death,” Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 18 June 1920, 2.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.