- Birth Date
- 31 January 1825
- Death Date
- 31 August 1911
George sailed to America in 1851 on the ship Ellen. No family members accompanied him. His occupation was listed as "Miller."
His obituary states that he arrived in Utah in 1852. However he married Elizabeth Fincher Layton in Springville, Utah on 24 January 1852, so he must have arrived in 1851, the year he sailed to America. Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company with which he traveled.
The 1852 Bishop's Report has him living the the Salt Lake City 8th Ward.
In 1855 he was living in the Springville Ward
The 1860 Utah census shows his surname as "Stores."
The inscription on his gravestone and his obituary both show his death date as 1 September 1911; however his death certificate shows his death date as 31 August 1911.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- "George Storrs Dies at American Fork," Salt Lake Telegram, 2 September 1911, 14.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.