- Birth Date
- 18 March 1834
- Death Date
- 27 December 1915
John Rogers Mackay
Son of Thomas and Ann MacKay. In the 1850 Utah census the family surname is spelled "Mckee." Birth date confirmed by West Jordan Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 13 April 1851.
- Age at Departure: 13
- Age at Departure: 18
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Book of the Pioneers, 2:25.
- Evan M. Greene diaries, 1833-1852.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "John Mackay, Pioneer, Is Called By Death," Deseret Evening News, 28 December 1915, 8.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 17.
- Mackay, John, Autobiographical sketch, in Biographical sketches 1891- , reel 55, box 57, fd. 4, item 14.
- Mackay, John, Reminiscences, in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- "Our Gallery of Pioneers: John Mackay," Deseret Evening News, 1 January 1916, iii, 2.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- West Jordan Ward, Record of Members.