- Birth Date
- 23 July 1810
- Death Date
- 19 February 1880
Thomas Sloan Mackay
The family emigrated to the United States in 1841/1842 aboard the ship Chaos. Thomas traveled with his wife, children, and sister, Nancy. Nancy died in 1847 near Green River, Wyoming.
In the 1850 Utah census his surname is Thomas "Mckee."
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 3 Mar. 1880, 80.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Whitaker autobiography, undated, 31-37.
- John Mackay, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 21.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.