- Birth Date
- 13 August 1835
- Death Date
- 8 January 1933
Margaret's death certificate shows her name as "Margaret Oakley Best," and the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database shows her name as "Margaret O. Best."
FamilySearch has her name as "Margaret De Groot Best," but there is no primary source showing a middle name of "De Groot." A history of Margaret written by her daughter Caroline, which appears in FamilySearch, shows her mother's name as "Margaret Oakley Best." Margaret would have given her name at the time she received her patriarchal blessing, and the Early Church Information File shows that she gave her name as "Margaret Oakley." The Wells Ward, Record of Members does not include a middle name.
- Age at Departure: 11
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- "Funeral Rites Set for Mrs. Margaret O. Best," Salt Lake Telegram, 9 January 1933, 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 18.
- Thirteenth Ward, Record of Members (CR 375 8, Reel 4792)
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wells Ward, Record of Members