- Birth Date
- 28 February 1813
- Death Date
- 11 October 1894
Cyrus H. Wheelock
Cyrus initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as Captain of the Cyrus H. Wheelock Company in 1853. However, he crossed the plains again in 1856 as a returning missionary. Immediately after arriving, he turned around and went back out to participate as one of the rescuers that were sent out to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Andrew Jackson Wheelock was a brother of Cyrus H. Wheelock.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 43
- Age at Departure: 43
- "Arrivals," Deseret News [Weekly], 8 October 1856, 245.
- Belliston, Thomas, [Autobiography], in Lester H. Belliston, comp., Belliston: James Thomas Belliston and Louisa Miller, Their Forebears and Descendants , 8-9.
- Biography of Gustave Louis Edward Henriod, undated, 4-6.
- Bown, William, [Journal], in Ann Marie Bown Brooks, comp., William Bown, Senior: His Children, His Ancestors .
- Burton, Robert T., to the members of the Hand Cart Association, Handcart Veterans Association, 1 October 1907. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 4.
- C. H. Wheelock Company report, 1853 September 19.
- Cornaby, Hannah, Autobiography and Poems by Hannah Cornaby, (Salt Lake City: J.C. Graham & Company, 1881), 30, 32-35.
- "Cyrus H. Wheelock Dead," Deseret Evening News , 11 Oct. 1894, 4.
- Find a Grave
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Grant, George D., "The Companies Yet on the Plains," Deseret News [Weekly], 19 November 1856, 293.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 4.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001, 15 December 1856, 16-37.
- J[aques], J[ohn], "Some Reminiscences," Salt Lake Daily Herald, 8 December 1878, 1.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 28 October 1856, 1-2.
- "Journey from Florence to G. S. L. City," Deseret News, 22 October 1856, 258.
- Levi Savage journal, 1855 March-1858 October.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Missionary Database
- Oliver B. Huntington diary and reminiscences, 1843 June-1900 January.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Robert T. Burton diaries, 1856-1907; Record book, circa 1856 October-November.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Seymour, Charles William, Journal and reminiscences [ca. 1880-1906], 80-82.
- Sparks, Jane Ann Fowler, Reminiscences and diary, 1886 Jan.-1910 Mar., 15-16.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Broomhead diary, 1856 October-1857 April.
- William L. N. Allen journal extract, 1853 July.
- Woodward, W., to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 12 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 2.