- Birth Date
- 21 August 1813
- Death Date
- 6 January 1902
Solomon Parks McIntosh
In 1852 Solomon was 1st Counselor in the North Pigeon, Iowa Branch presidency. He was also a member of the ninth quorum of seventy.
The Mayhew diary indicates that Solomon was appointed sergeant of the guard in the 1853 Miller/Cooley Company and that his traveling party consisted of five people.
He was Assistant Captain in the Eldredge Company.
He received a Patriarchal Blessing at Lake Point Branch, Tooele County, Utah in 1856.
A secondary source says that in addition to being a farmer he was a freighter who crossed the plains five times.
He died in Cassia County, Idaho.
This Company roster lists four traveling companions. They include his wife, Elizabeth Jane Stump McIntosh, and three others: Malinda Jane McIntosh, Sarah Ann McIntosh and Margaret Elvira Stump. Margaret was Elizabeth's younger sister.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 47
- 1850 Iowa Census
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1852 Iowa State Census.
- Early Church Information File
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frederick W. Blake diary, 1861 April-December, 30.
- Iowa, Select Marriages, 1809-1992
- Ira Eldredge emigrating company journal, 1861 July-September.
- Mayhew, Elijah, Diary, 1853 June-Sept.
- Seventy Quorum Membership Index, 1835-1846.