- Birth Date
- 17 April 1831
- Death Date
- 11 November 1904
Louisa Catherine Mowery
Louisa Catherine Mikesell
According to the roster, Louisa traveled with Willis and Mary Boren. Louisa was the oldest of nine children and the oldest daughter of Ruth and Garrett Mikesell. She appears to have gone West with this company without her family. She married John Thomas Mowery 9 Dec 1853 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They had one child, Fred. It appears that she returned to Pottawattamie, Iowa sometime after the 1880s and married Volney H. Scott. Census records list Louisa as a midwife.
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 United States Census
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- Daniel A. Miller/John A. Cooley Company reports and record, 1853, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Find a Grave (Website)