- Birth Date
- 1 January 1794
- Death Date
- 8 April 1863
William Phillips Sr.
William arrived with his family in New Orleans via the ship Golconda on 18 March 1854. He crossed the ocean with his wife, a son and daughter (William Jr and Mary Ann) and another 14 year old child named Evan. It is uncertain what Evan's relationship to the family was and if he continued with them on the overland journey to the Valley.
The first documentation to place them in the Valley is the 1860 federal census, which places them in Brigham City, Utah. Further research is needed to narrow the year of their travel and identify the name of the company they traveled with.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- "William Phillips," In History of Pottawattamie County, Iowa, (Chicago: O. L. Baskin & Co., Historical Publishers, 1883), 204-205.