- Birth Date
- 4 December 1844
- Death Date
- 10 April 1938
William Goble Bird
William arrived in New York on 5 July 1866 via the ship American Congress. Ship, overland company, and PEF records indicate he was traveling alone. However, the teamster assigned to William's wagon was his cousin, Edwin Goble. Memoranda book 2 indicates that "W. Bird" left the company at O'Fallon's Bluff, which is probably why William was only charged 1/3 of the fee of the other PEF passengers. It is uncertain which company he continued on with.1900 Utah census confirms that he emigrated in 1866.
- Age at Departure: 21
- 1870 Utah Census, Juab County.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 526.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.