- Birth Date
- 12 October 1812
- Death Date
- 23 November 1872
The missionary register has his birth date as November 1812, his burial record has 10 October 1812 and find a grave has 12 October 1812.
He came on the ship, Swanton in 1843 from the Isle of Man with his wife, Eleanor Kelly, and their two children, Catherine and John. Their surname is spelled "Turbot" on the ship manifest upon their departure from England but "Tirbot" upon their arrival at New Orleans.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Whitaker autobiography, undated, 31-37.
- Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1607-1910.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 21.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.