- Birth Date
- 31 January 1834
- Death Date
- 15 December 1914
George John Taylor
He is the son of John and Leonora Taylor. He initially traveled to the Valley in 1847, However, in 1862 he was a returning missionary from England when he again crossed the plains. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company that he traveled with on that return trip.
- Age at Departure: 13
- Age at Departure: 27
- Returning Missionary
- [Hunter-Horne Company, Remarks by Surviving Pioneers], in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 17.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Taylor, George J., Reminiscences, in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- Taylor, George John, Notebook, in George John Taylor, Papers, reel 1, box 1, fd. 1.
- Taylor, George John. Autobiography, in George John Taylor, Papers, reel 1, box 1, fd. 2.
- Taylor, Leonora Cannon, Diaries, 1832 and 1846-1847, reel 2, fd. 14.
- Utah Death Certificates.