- Birth Date
- 31 January 1834
- Death Date
- 15 December 1914
George John Taylor
He is the son of John and Leonora Taylor. He initially traveled to the Valley in 1847 and was re-baptized by his father in the Salt Lake Valley on 5 December 1847. In 1862 he was a returning missionary from England when he again crossed the plains. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company that he traveled with on that return trip.
- Age at Departure: 13
- Age at Departure: 27
- Returning Missionary
- Autobiography, circa 1901, in George J. Taylor papers, 1832-1909.
- George J. Taylor in in The Book of the Pioneers Volume 2 (Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, 1897), 260.
- [Hunter-Horne Company, Remarks by Surviving Pioneers], in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 17.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Notebook in George J. Taylor papers, 1832-1909.
- Taylor, Leonora Cannon Taylor diaries, 1832 and 1846-1847, in George J. Taylor papers, 1832-1909.