- Birth Date
- 1 November 1808
- Death Date
- 25 July 1887
He came with his wives and three children.
In 1841 he returned from his mission to England on the ship Sheffield, and in 1852 he returned from a mission in France on the ship Niagara.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- Chauncey W. West diary, 1847 June-September.
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- George Whitaker autobiography, undated, 31-37.
- John Taylor, "Address to the Saints," The Latter-day Saint Millennial Star, 1 November 1848.
- John Taylor letter in From Kirtland to Salt Lake City (1890) by James A. Little, 142-43.
- Joseph Harker reminiscences and journal, 1855-1895, 42.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 17.
- Lillie Jane Orr Taylor, Life History of Thomas Orr, Jr. (1930), 13-15.
- Mary Isabella Horne, "Pioneer Reminiscences," Young Woman's Journal, July 1902, 292-93.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Robert Gardner diaries and reminiscences, 1857-1887, volume 4: 50-54, and volume 6: 61, 63, 65, 67.
- Robert Sweeten Family Reunion Committee, "Robert Sweeten family reunion held in the mission home in Salt Lake on May 5, 1961" (1961).
- Taylor, Leonora Cannon Taylor diaries, 1832 and 1846-1847, in George J. Taylor papers, 1832-1909.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.