- Birth Date
- 12 June 1825
- Death Date
- 27 March 1908
James Bellamy Farmer
James initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Jacob Gates Company in 1853. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His death date is confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 31
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Jacob Gates Company report, 1853 September 11.
- James Farmer journal, 1851 April-1856 November.
- "Monroe Happenings," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 2 May 1908, 6.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 142.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.