- Birth Date
- 17 August 1790
- Death Date
- 20 June 1865
Henry traveled on the Ship Brooklyn to California in 1846. According to a secondary source he arrived in Utah in 1848. It is clear that he was in Utah by 1849 because he is mentioned at least twice in an account of a wagon company of emigrants traveling from Utah to California. Records of a Church ordinance proves that Henry was back in Salt Lake City in early July 1850. Further research is needed to verify the year he came to Utah and the name of the company with which he traveled .
His wife, Ann, and son, Steuben, traveled to the Valley as well, presumably taking the overland route across the prairie.
His birth month and year are confirmed by Centerville Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 29 September 1856.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Centerville Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 October 1849, 16.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 October 1849, 8.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.