- Birth Date
- 20 November 1814
- Death Date
- 14 February 1890
Orice was a plural wife of Reuben Miller who crossed the plains in the Gully/Spencer Company of 1849 with two wagons and nine souls. Orice appears in the federal census 1850 as "Orisa" Miller living at Great Salt Lake City in Utah Territory with a one-year-old daughter named Mary E. who was born in "Deseret." Reuben re-baptized Orice on 1 November 1851; the baptism record lists her given name as "Orrice." In the 1856 Utah Territorial census she is "Orissa" Miller; in the 1860 census, her obituary, her burial records and Find A Grave memorial she is "Orice" Miller.
- Age at Departure: 34
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- "Deaths," Deseret Evening News, 15 February 1890, p. 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- "Utah, Salt Lake County, Death Records, 1849-1949."
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.