- Birth Date
- 15 July 1830
- Death Date
- 5 November 1920
John Reed Blanchard Jr.
Son of John Reed Blanchard Sr. and Hannah Ann Clark. In 1850 he and his new wife, Charlotte Eynon Blanchard, were in Pottawattamie County, Iowa. Their first child was born at Farmington, Utah on 2 February 1851. Some documents spell his middle name "Reid." They may have traveled to Utah with the 1850 Stephen Markham company. Additional research is needed to identify the name of the pioneer company with which he crossed the plains. According to his obituary he crossed the plains nine times.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 26
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- "Cache Valley and Some of its Pioneers, Logan Republican, 8 January 1916, 2.
- "Funeral Service of John R. Blanchard," The Journal, 11 November 1920, p. 6.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.