- Birth Date
- 15 March 1831
- Death Date
- 22 March 1911
Joseph sailed to America in 1853 on the ship Ellen Maria. He is not listed on the pioneer company roster, but is named in journal(s).
His wife and son Joseph came to Utah in 1854 with an unknown company.
A family history states that he made several trips back to help other saints come to Utah. A Joseph Field from Slaterville, Utah was a teamster for the 1868 John Gillespie company. This may be the same Joseph Field, but further research is needed to confirm this.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 176.
- Henry Pugh journal excerpts in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 1853 July-December, 10 Oct. 1853, 5-28.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Samuel A. Woolley papers, 1846-1899, Volume 6, 213-44 and Volume 7, 1-15.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.